Thursday, January 1, 2009

RANDOM THOUGHTS CIRCA 1988

In the morning, in bed until eleven. Later went to Tato's for coffee and toast. Bought that part of a hose to make water flow with different shape/strength and washed the miami, oyeme chikitico, windows for the first time in two years.

Friday

Just had breakfast. I have the feeling this blog is going to be more fun than others since while
I translated these old journals without any rigorous order, other actual ideas may arrive in
a flashfront. At any rate, I checked out the local newspapers deciding not to buy them. Coffee and toast. Later bought some ear rings for Tula to see what she thinks.

My state of mind feels a little weird, since what I feel for Juana sometimes is pretty much like anger, but without any violence and often pity, loneliness and sadness, perhaps she
feels the same guay.

The first one mentioned last night that I was acting strange, when I asked how, there was no explanation. Curiously I could not say it with words. After many months without any problems,
the right eye is squinting at will again for brief periods of time, which reminded me how it came and left. This makes no sense but is good key board practice, since I am keyboardist in charge,
will not complaint. If you are reading, bear up, or pick another blog, there are just one hundred
and fifty million to pick from.

I played three billiard matches, winning two. The last one was with some inner city youth, if
you know what I mean, arrogant moder sucker, making no eye contact when shaking hands at the end, something somewhat annoying. The other players were weak, impulsive ones without
instruction. On Sunday, I will make a trip with Tula to Cano's, the best pool hall, in Isla Verde to watch players in a tournament dressed in black tolcidos.

From where I am now, I see a fat fellow nicely dressed, but looking funny thanks to his huge blimpy looks with a certain look as Bonny Cepeda. Some great pool games, with an excellent shooter, the kind tha plays with ethics, not common.

Last night Tula and I went the Arab way. When we left there were no lights anywhere around,
except Gonzalez Padin. When we entered Larry Bird and I met, a great surprise for both. Editors note. In Island in the Doldrums, albinos and blond/red haired fellows were referred to
as Larry Bird or Cano Estremera among certain people.

After the so, so food we bought some candies, watched the shitty island television, there was
no cable. Before that, Juana threw in a fit my records on the porche, while I was out. Something rather disconcerting, deciding to send her a letter. All this reminds me of other times/places in my
life, perhaps, for that reason there is no anger. I think to understand what she is going through.
However, sometimes I wonder. How do I know?

The heavy Arabic food did not settle well, It was hard to fall asleep. Woke up at three am, turning on the radio on KQ until nine pm when I failed to reach Juana by phone.

Yesterday I received a letter stating that my Veterans GI Bill was finished. The electrician repaired the0n wiring for twentyseven bucks, seems like a rip off now that I think of it. Only
a few days left for this year to finish.

Now at Tato's in Caguas, not far from the city bus terminal, nowadays a cemetery judging from
the few customers. I was surprised to see Milagros Robles, with a huge butt, little shy, almost
absent breast; probably with three, fours kids, I bet. Too many women in that bag, seems the rule, and no provider, male or not. Used to be classmates in fifth grade.

Later, by el Condado. Got no idea about the time. I went to Bell Books already, searching for
a present for Juana. We spent some time together, working in the garden, finishing in the mall.
Gave me a ride to Villa Kennedy, where the cousin Flower, was not at home. We moved to some lesbian house who was not around. Almost forgot, not finding the book I wanted, I bought one
by John O'hara for myself.

Signing off. These writings make no sense at all. But the tittle did not fool anyone. Bear up.
After all during the Latinamerican Literature Boom, some writers were known for doing just
(much better) this. Let the reader organize. Good luck.

5 comments:

  1. I find your writing entertaining… You mention so many characters that I don’t know but at the end I can’t help but have the feeling that I know who you are talking about… Seems that you are experiencing some fun days in this New Year… Ahhh! You own me a pool match and don’t you worry I’ll definitely make eye contact while shaking hands…hahaha Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pool Matches? Anytime. Since you have read some, you will find a phone number under the
    Sociedad Horticultural Bouret.

    I will be here. Pick a convenient time/day. Or email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! To be honest I’m very good at pool for being a girl but I’m not yet tournament material, even though I’ve seen some guys playing in tournaments that I’ve definitely beat before but… my thinking is that if I know I will not win I rather keep my money where is safe. I do like to play against boys, hate to play with girls, most of them don’t know how to play and the ones who does take everything too personal. Boys usually get a little intimidated and start to lower their skills, more when they are accompanied by other males who are bullying them for being beat up by a girl.

    Anyways, where do you usually play??? As I told you, I live in Caguas so if I want to play pool I usually go around some local “chichorros de viejos”, where I can find better pool players. There’s a new place there called Hannas in Bairoa that it’s pretty decent for a pool match. Where are you from? Maybe we can choose another place….Let me know…

    ReplyDelete
  4. lo gélido no... el frío pelú...

    es de nueballor uste??? o recide alla???

    sarudos...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to the reader indeed! You have a very interesting blog. Have the greatest day-either on an island or in New England somewhere:)

    ReplyDelete